Lead developer's greetings
Xerberuapp jumped a few minor versions and revisions here. The reason being that a few new back-end features were implemented, which were not rolled to production because there were a few issues. The release was pushed up until the platform was going to be migrated. Few releases were also necessary to test out our new deployment pipeline.
A completely new bootstrap sequence has been implemented for the app. The whole namespace was rewritten and a few new components were added. These components include a new router.
The old router was based on 'magic' which determined the correct controller method to be called using the query string. A new static router had to be implemented which uses a set of pre-determined routes which point to controller methods so that the concept of sub-controllers could be introduced and implemented.
The first step into rewriting our tournament features and upcoming ticket store, has now been taken.
- Major improvements have been made to prepare us for the future. All websites are affected. If you discover any errors please contact us via our Slack channel.
- The platform has been successfully migrated to Azure Cloud. This migration offers better security, stability as well as scalability.
- The "Open Registration" checkbox can now be found under Settings page. This will open or close your website's user registration to the public.
- We have implemented an email service for automated outbound emails. This will offer us with better tracking
as well as reliability in regards to emails being delivered. All automated emails will be delivered through
email@example.com the future. We will also have a short downtime for our
firstname.lastname@example.org inbox while we migrate it to another service for support.
- Minor improvements have been made to prepare us for the future. If you discover any errors please contact us via our Slack channel.
- We have implemented a CSFR token protection across all forms. If you notice any issues with submitting a form (saving data) please contact email@example.com so we can resolve the issue.
- Tournaments now have a queue for contestants. All contestants can now sign up for a tournament with no max limit. Contestants will be ordered based on the time they signed up for a tournament. Any contestants who have signed after the max contestant limit for a tournament has been reached, will automatically be placed on a queue. Queued contestants can check-in normally and if another (approved) contestant fails to check-in on time, admins can remove that contestant in which case the first queued contestant will be pushed up the list.
- Admin panel tournament contestants list is now more compact.
- Users who have not activated their user account in 48 hours will automatically be removed in the future. We will also be purging some, unregistered, lingering user accounts from the database (spam bots).
- The user role Judge has been changed to Referee.
- Edit match modal window now properly shows Game Data
- Fixed a missing user group deletion route
- Improvements on stability
- Minor bug fixes
- Teams can now set a Manager, Captain and Substitutes separately. Substitutes are not counted in the player count when teams are checking in on a tournament. Captains have equal permissions to managers when it comes to the team.
- Article and Page slugs can now be manually edited, but remain otherwise unchanged when changing the title.
- Article Created (posted) time can now be changed
- Group format FFA now works with automated scheduling
- Dashboard administrative navigation has now been categorized and all menu items are visible immediately.
- Back-end UI has been worked on to improve mobile compatibility and to make the UI simpler. We will continue to work on this.
- Dashboard content list action "Delete" has now been removed
- Dashboard Articles Edit action has now been fixed to open the correct page.
- Minor security fixes and behind the scenes improvements on stability
- Added a "Theatre mode" to Site settings. This feature will be enabled per layout. Basically any Site can choose a published Stream which will be saved to site Settings. This Stream will then be presented on the frontpage in a "theatre mode" type element when enabled.
- SuomiSport player license verification will no longer accept phone number as verification method. Only email address is enabled. All (encrypted) stored phone numbers belonging to licenses holders have been purged from the database as a result.
- Group matches can now be regenerated when groups are unpublished by changing any value on scheduling
- Fixed Demo site layout issues
- Double elimination bracket double grand final.
- You can now select an option when creating a double elimination bracket bracket to also create a double final.
- This means that when the lower bracket winner faces off with the upper bracket winner and wins the first grand final both players advance to the second grand final where the tournament winner will be determined.
- If the upper bracket winner manages to win neither player will advance to the second final.
- Added the ability for users to hide their real name from public pages.
- This includes your profile page and any team page you are associated with.
- Site administrators will still be able to see your real name if you have entered it on your profile information.
- Created a CSV export functionality to Contestants pages which includes user id, name, country and seed.
- Games now have an option to mark them as Racing games.
- Related to the change above, free for all group format now checks if the game being played is Racing and replaces the Kills, Deaths and Deductions
columns in edit round with Time.
- You can also import results using a CSV file format containing placing, contestant name, time and account id.
- Importing a CSV file will automatically match the data with the contestant row and update results placed on the data.
- You are still required to use scores to keep overall group scores in order.
- Updated platform (Xerberusapp) notifications to include a notification on the dashboard
- Fixed minor bugs and style issues
- New extension pre-release: Tickets. This extension allows the addition of event tickets, where each ticket type may have a list of ticket codes. These tickets can be added as a requirement for a tournament and users are needed to have verified one of these tickets through their profile page, using the ticket code before allowed to check-in. This feature is still in pre-release phase where access to adding ticket types and codes is restricted. We are working on a full release package.
- A new group type has been released: Free for all. This feature primarily focuses around the game "PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds", but the type will be extended to support other games as well in the future. You can read more about "Free for all" in our User Guide.
- Fixed an issue where stream status was not updating to offline once marked online.
- Fixed an issue where you could view a non-published page without permissions.
- Fixed an issue with back-end modal window being in a lower position than some editor dialogs. This resulted in not being able to select an image for image dialog for example.
- Fixed open graph image URL which pointed in the wrong place.
- Fixed image paths in general.
- Fixed an issue where blocks could not be saved with the same title, for different languages.
- Fixed an issue where saved group win or draw points did not pass on to the overall group points table.
- Tournaments have now been localized. You can now insert different translations for some tournament content fields.
- Translation variables can now be searched and refreshed via a button in Translations
- Back-end team players now show 'pending' icon
- Email templates previously contained lines which could not be translated. These have now been removed.
- User and Team profile pages now show more information and the pages are more readable. This information now includes Game Accounts, verified licenses and teams the user belongs to.
- Teams now have a Tag field.
- The user sidebar has now been made more clear for team selection.
- Tournament pages now have most of their key information transferred to a separate bar.
- Translations now work properly using the language tag after your domain ie. https://gyostage.fi/en_GB/
- The logo on site settings will now be saved as your Open Graph image (meta tag).
- Removed the meta-control from site settings are this proved to be in conflict with the Frontpage meta information.
- Captains can now insert scores for their games.
- Blocked same name teams from registering to the same game on the same site.
- Fixed some game icons from match listings.
- Edit Profile page has now been split into four separate tab pages, "Profile", "Game Accounts", "Teams" and "Player Licenses".
- Edit Tournament page has now been split into two separate tab pages, "Info" and "Extras"
- Edit Team profile page is now more organized with Members at the bottom of the page.
- Profile page and Team Profile pages now have an Edit buttons at the bottom of the page.
- Edit Profile and Edit Team now have a Return to Profile button at the bottom of the page.
- Tournament header now includes error information about missing licenses
- Contestants list shows if licenses are missing or partially missing.
- Tournaments can now be filtered based on open/closed type.
- A Create Team link is now visible in the tournament header if the user has no team and the tournament is a team game.
- Player licenses are now automatically linked to your profile if one is found when registering as a user.
- SuomiSport player licenses are now automatically linked to profiles when synced each hour. This only works for email addresses.
- Back-end mobile compatibility has now been significantly improved and minor bugs fixed.
- Previously players were considered Team members even if they had a pending invitation waiting. Now they are not. Pending invitations are still visible while editing teams.
- Licenses are now checked at check-in, not sign up and from each team member as well.
- Game Map texts have been changed to Game Data in the back-end menu.
- Back-end messages are now working
- Player information now shows the correct, not-deleted, game account id for members who are registered users.
- Added the ability to create multiple groups at once
- There is now a Delete all groups button
- Scheduling inputs are by default hidden if no start time is given
- Best of Format inputs in brackets are now shown only for available number of rounds and have been changed to number fields
- Minor UI fixes and improvements
- Delete bracket link in bracket editing now works
- Group points per win and draw are now hidden for 4 player double-elimination groups
- Editing groups or brackets now retains contestants if saving returns an error
- Bronze match no longer prints bracket title
- Bracket matches are now regenerated if bronze match is added or removed
- Fixed Twitter login
Sunday, 15.04.2018, Hotfix Tuesday 17.4.2018
- You can now set a sign up period (start - end) to a tournament during which time sign up is open.
- When signing up for a tournament, if the check-in is already ongoing, you are automatically marked as "Ready to play".
- Replaced the
Game Datafeature. This feature allows admins to add maps, heroes, races etc. to any game and even bind them to single player tournament contestants.
- Added match rounds, which allows users and admins to input scores for each round. Each round can also have screenshots added to them. Match result can be calculated from round scores.
- The term "attendance" has now been replaced with term "check-in".
- Minimum required player count, or team size, is now set from
Game. This value is then validated during the sign up process.
- Fixed the "Sign in" and "Ready to play!" button visibility depending on sign in period and other factors.
- Removed game account id length verification during sign up, if no validation is set to
- Fixed a path issue related to game icons in tournament lists.
- Launch date.
- There is a
Contestantspage now for all tournaments which lists contestants in a more detailed fashion
- Contestant data is now permanently archived and displayed as it was during the time the tournament took place.
- Uploading a favicon can now be done via the
- Members can now be saved for virtual contestants
Tournament > Contestantspage.
Filespage now displays your current file usage.
- TinyMCE now has a browse button inside the image dialog, which opens up the file library where you can upload and select files to be inserted onto the editor.
- Fixed an issue where navigating to
/articles/articlewithout giving an article slug as a parameter, previously displayed an error message, now redirects to 404 error page.